The City welcomes your input on the homeless day respite center. Please email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Staff will take your comments under advisement and strive to mitigate as many concerns as practicable.
On December 17, 2019, the City Council directed staff to begin implementation, which included the appropriation of funding and the authorization to contract with CommuniCare Health Centers and the Yolo County Health and Human Services Agency to provide staffing support.
On February 23, 2020, the City will be holding an Open House at the daytime respite center site. For more information on this event, please follow this link.
On Monday, February 24, 2020, the center is expected to open.
Project OverviewThe purpose of the daytime respite center is to improve the quality of life for individuals experiencing homelessness in Davis. Open daily from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., the daytime respite center will provide a safe, temperature-controlled, secure, and welcoming space where individuals can access basic needs resources and services, including:
- Robust staffing including individualized case management and permanent housing plans for willing participants
- Service coordination with community partners including the Interfaith Rotating Winter Shelter, who operates a nighttime shelter from December 1, 2019 through March 14, 2020
- Laundry facilities
- Resting/lounging areas (resting area pending)
- Storage lockers (pending)
- Pet kennels (pending)
- Bicycle parking (pending)