Nurturing Children During Times of Stress: A Guide to Help Children Bloom
The Yolo County Child Abuse Prevention Council (CAPC) and Yolo County Children’s Alliance (YCCA) are excited to share "Nurturing Children During Times of Stress: A Guide to Help Children Bloom". This resource for parents and caregivers contains tips and resources that parents and caregivers can use to promote resilience in their children and themselves. The guide explains the effects of intense stress or Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and Adverse Community Environments, focusing on prevention and emphasizing that healing is possible at any age.
The guide is available in English, Spanish, and Russian at www.yolokids.org/article/nurturing-children-during-times-stress.
- If you are a parent or caregiver, please visit www.yolokids.org/article/nurturing-children-during-times-stress to read the guide and find ways to reduce stress and its effects on you and your children.
- If you are a family-serving provider, please help us reach more families with this information. You can find out more by visiting www.yolokids.org/providers-guides. We hope this information will help you support and strengthen families!
This guide complements previous guides produced by YCCA. All guides are available at www.yolokids.org/forfamilies:
- Weathering the Storms: A Guide to Healthy Expressions of Emotions for Parents and Children
- Make Time for Yourself—A Self-Care Guide for Busy Parents
- Talk+Play=Connect Toolkit for Families
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact Natalie Audage, the YCCA Child Abuse Prevention Coordinator, at Natalie.email@example.com.
Protecting Children: Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
An important way to protect children is to report any suspicions of child abuse and neglect to Child Welfare Services (CWS). Mandated reporters and community members can use "Protecting Children: Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect (PDF)" to learn the warning signs of abuse and neglect and how to report suspected child abuse and neglect: www.yolokids.org/child-abuse-prevention-council. YCCA prepared this document in collaboration with Yolo County CWS.
If you suspect that a child is being abused or neglected, please call Yolo County Child Welfare Services at 888-400-0022 (toll-free) or 530-669-2345 (local). CWS welcomes consultation calls.