Personal Financial Disclosures

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Conflict of Interest Code

Under the California Political Reform Act (Gov. Code § 81000), designated elected and appointed public officials are required to disclose assets and income that may be materially affected by their official actions.

As required by the Act, government agencies must adopt a Conflict of Interest Code to regulate who within their agency is required to file statements of economic interests, and what types of financial interests they must disclose. Disclosure is determined based on the position’s level of decision-making.

Form 700 - Statement of Economic Interest

Certain employees and public officials must disclose their personal financial information on a Statement of Economic Interests Form 700, as designated in the Political Reform Act (Gov. Code § 87200) or the City of Davis Conflict of Interest Code. The intent of the Form 700 is to ensure that decision makers are not using their authority to affect personal financial interests.

The City Clerk’s Office collects and maintains Form 700s, as well as provides public access to them. These forms are filed on an annual basis, and upon assuming or leaving office. The City uses an electronic filing system called eDisclosure for conflict of interest disclosure statements. Access to the public portal to review filed forms, and for individuals to file forms may be found via the links below:

Form 806 - Public Official Appointments

The Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) requires each agency to post Form 806 (pursuant to FPPC Regulation 18705.5). Form 806 reports additional compensation that officials receive when appointing themselves to positions on other boards, commissions or committees of a public agency, special district, and joint power agency/authorities.

This webpage is intended to provide general information regarding disclosure reporting with the City of Davis. Additional filing requirements may apply.

If you have questions about what you are required to file, where to file it, or when to file it, please visit the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) website or call toll free at 1-866-ASK-FPPC.