Greener Davis Facebook
- Dec 05
No information for likes
Your organics cart can be used for more than just yard materials. Food scraps, fruit and vegetable peels, coffee grounds, pizza boxes, paper take-out food packaging, facial tissue, paper towels....and more! https://www.cityofdavis.org/city-hall/public-works-utilities-and-operations/solid-waste-and-recycling/organics
- Dec 05
No information for likes
In case you missed it, the December Greener Davis email blast is out! http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1117055859818&ca=5fa4a754-9a6d-4019-96f5-9733e23dbedc
- Dec 04
No information for likes
Our water shields us from germs. If we didn’t have our precious water supply and water systems, we couldn’t protect ourselves and our families from sanitation-related illnesses and diseases. #ValueWater #NoWaterNoFlush
The City has received feedback from customers on several solid waste services, including street sweeping and yard material pile collection schedules. Now that the City-wide organics collection program has been in place for a full year, the City is reviewing the program results and ultimate destination of the collected organics materials in order to make the most fiscal and environmentally responsible decisions on rates, collection schedules and material destinations.
The City has hired consultants to conduct thorough reviews on potential organics processing facilities and solid waste services and rates. Once the studies have been completed, they will be reviewed at the Natural Resources and Utility Rate Advisory Commissions and then will be presented to City Council for review and decisions on what (if any) changes will be implemented.
- September 3, 2019 City Council Meeting
- August 13, 2019 City Council Meeting
- July 17, 2019 Utility Rate Advisory Commission
- IItem 6A - Organics Feasibility Analysis SR
- Item 6A - Organics Feasibility Analysis ATT 1 - Consultant Report
- Item 6A - Organics Feasibility Analysis ATT 2 - NRC Comments
- Item 6A - Organics Feasibility Analysis ATT 3 - Permitting Technical Memo
- Item 6A - Organics Feasibility Analysis ATT 4 - WARM modeling comments from NRC
- Item 6A - Organics Feasibility Analysis ATT 5 - WARM Tech Memo Revised
- June 24, 2019 Natural Resources Commission
- February 5, 2019 City Council Meeting Agenda
Solid Waste Program Yard Material Pile Collection Service OptionsRecommendation:1. Receive feedback from solid waste service customers and Commissions on yard material pile collection schedule alternatives2. Based on feedback and Council discussion, select a yard material pile collection schedule for implementation3. Direct staff to work with Recology and return within the next few months with an amendment to the Agreement for Collection and Handling of Solid Waste and an Ordinance update to the Municipal Code to implement the chosen collection schedule
- City Commission discussion of the potential modifications to yard material collection service
- January 7, 2019 Community Open House to discuss potential changes to yard material collection service
On October 30, the Davis City Council directed staff to research specific yard material collection schedules in an effort to identify cost containment measures for the service, and to review potential ways to provide more efficient delivery of services. At a follow-up meeting on December 4, staff presented the alternative yard material collection schedules. City Council selected three options to be discussed at this public meeting and with City Commissions.
- 16 pick-ups per year - monthly pick-ups from February to September, then bi-weekly pick-ups from mid-October to mid-January.
- 15 pick-ups per year - Monthly pick-ups from February to September, with two extra weeks of pick-up in the fall and one week in the spring.
- 12 pick-ups per year - Monthly pick-ups year round.
For comparison, the current collection schedule (monthly pick-ups from January to mid-October, then weekly pick-ups from mid-October to mid-December) was also provided at the open house. For those who could not attend the open house, comments and feedback submitted via email by no later than January 21, 2019 will be included in the summary provided to City Council.
- December 4, 2018 City Council meeting agenda
- 06 Yard Material Pile Collection Options
- Solid Waste Program Yard Material Pile Collection Service Options
Recommendation: Provide direction to staff on what options for Yard Material Pile Collection Services to present at a future community meeting and to Commissions for feedback. Staff recommends Option 1—current schedule with bi-weekly fall pick up.
- 07 Solid Waste Rate Study and Prop 218
- Solid Waste Rate Study and Proposition 218 Utility Rate Information
Recommendation: Approve the Proposition 218 Notices containing solid waste rate adjustments for single-family residential customers and commercial/multifamily customers to be effective beginning March 1, 2019
- October 30, 2018 City Council meeting agenda
- October 4, 2018 Special Meeting of the Utility Rate Advisory Commission
- September 24, 2018 Natural Resources Commission Meeting
- September 19, 2018 Utility Rate Advisory Commission Meeting
- August 15, 2018 Utility Rate Advisory Commission Meeting
- Agenda for the August 15, 2018 Utility Rate Advisory Commission
- Discuss Alternative Approach to Loose in the Street (LITS) Yard Material Collection. Recommendation: Discuss a possible alternate approach to providing and/or recovering costs of Loose in the Street (LITS) yard material collection service for city solid waste customers. (30 min)
- Schedule Special Meeting Related to Solid Waste Rate Study. Recommendation: Schedule a special meeting of the URAC to ensure a timely review of Solid Waste Rate Study data and make recommendations to Council on Solid Waste rates. (5 min)
- July 31, 2018 City Council Meeting
- July 18, 2018 Utility Rate Advisory Commission Meeting
- June 20, 2018 Utility Rate Advisory Commission Meeting: They will review the full results on the 2018 Yard Material Collection Survey and make a recommendation of four options of service for full model analysis by the consultant for the Solid Waste Rate Study.
- Yard material collection survey April - May 2018 initial review
- April 23, 2018 Natural Resources Commission Meeting
- March 21, 2018 Utility Rate Advisory Commission Meeting
- February 26, 2018 Natural Resources Commission Meeting
- February 21, 2018 Utility Rate Advisory Committee Meeting
- January 11, 2018 Utility Rate Advisory Committee Meeting
- Item 5C - Timelines for Solid Waste Rates Study and the Organics Processing Facility Feasibility Analysis
- Item 6C - Solid Waste Survey and Feedback - SR
- Item 6C - Solid Waste Survey and Feedback - Att 1 Solid Waste Rate Study RFP
- Item 6C - Solid Waste Survey and Feedback - Att 2 2018 Survey Draft
- Item 6C - Solid Waste Survey and Feedback - Att 3 2015 Davis Together Engage Organics Survey
- Item 6C - Solid Waste Survey and Feedback - Att 4 Comments
- December 14, 2017 Utility Rate Advisory Committee Meeting
- June 20, 2017 City Council: Approval of the contracts for the Organics study and Solid Waste Rate Study
- April 24, 2017 Natural Resources Committee: Organics Study Scope of Services and Proposal Review
- April 13, 2017 Utility Rate Advisory Committee: Solid Waste Cost of Service and Rate Design Study Proposal Review