Household Hazardous Waste is accepted for free at the Yolo County Central Landfill every Friday and Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Drop-Off Events are exclusively for household wastes from Yolo County residents. Hazardous wastes generated by businesses are not accepted.
- automotive products
- brake/transmission fluid
- car and household batteries
- fire extinguishers
- floor and furniture cleaners
- fluorescent bulbs and tubes
- gasoline and other flammables
- household cleaners
- mercury thermometers
- mercury thermostats
- oil filters
- paint (oil and latex)
- pharmaceuticals (non-controlled)
- pool chemicals
- propane tanks
- syringes (containerized)
- used motor oil and filters
Do not mix wastes together. Limit of 125 pounds or 15 gallons due to Department of Transportation Regulations.
Free senior/disabled pick-up service: Senior and disabled Yolo County residents who are unable to drive may call 666‐8856 to schedule a free pick up of hazardous waste materials.
Items NOT accepted:
- Explosives and fireworks -- Contact the Yolo County Bomb Squad (530) 666‐8920
- Medical or infectious waste (biohazard materials) -- Call the Yolo County Environmental Health Department 666-8646
- Controlled Substances (pharmaceuticals with vicodin, morphine, etc.)
- Unknown substances -- Call the Yolo County Environmental Health Department 666-8646
- Cylinders and other hard to dispose of items “may” be accepted for a FEE. --Contact Yolo County Integrated Waste Division (530) 666‐8813
What is Household Hazardous Waste? Not sure if something is considered hazardous waste or not? Check out our Recyclopedia.
Business Hazardous Waste: Does your business generate HHW? Do you struggle with disposal of fluorescent light bulbs, paint, pesticides, and batteries? You may be applicable for the Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator Program.
Reusable Products: Check out the reuse opportunities at the landfill as well! Often residents turn in items at the household hazardous waste days that are still usable. These reusable items are available for FREE! Stop by the landfill during a household hazardous waste drop-off day to get free reusable household products like paints, cleaning products and more!
Contact the Yolo County Central Landfill (666-8729) for more information.