- Helmet Video
- Easy Steps to Properly Fit a Bicycle Helmet
- Helmet Safety Institute
- California Helmet Law
- Tips on Wallking Safely from SafeKids.org
- Driving Tips Around Schools
- A Resident's Guide to Creating Safe and Walkable Communities
- Walk This Way: Tips for Pedestrian Safety from the CDC
- Starting a Walking School Bus
- School Drop-Off and Pick-Up Safety Tips for Parents
- Ten Ways to Drive Safely Near Schools
- What Every Parent Should Know About Bicycle Safety
- Beyond Platinum: City of Davis Bicycle Action Plan
- City of Davis Walk and Bike Audit Report
- Davis Joint Unified School District Strategic Plan
- Sustainable Communities Strategy
- Impact of Safe Routes to School Programs on Walking and Biking. Active Living Research; 2015
Just for Fun
- If I Ride...
- Video: How Do Bike Gears Work?
- Creating Chalk Art with Bikes and Scooters
- Books and Music for Kids
- Dancing Traffic Light
- City of Davis Traffic Information Map
- Walk/Bike to School Savings Calculator
- Video on Basic Bicycle Maintenance
In the Spring of 2013, we began a Citywide comprehensive review of school-related transportation issues. This project is an important opportunity to identify ways to improve walking and biking access to schools for students and their families. Results of these audits are being integrated into the City’s long-term transportation planning strategies to implement positive changes in neighborhoods adjacent to schools.
To Locate The Suggested Route to Your School Click One of the Links Below:
Looking to buy a bike? Or seeking bike services?
Listed below are the bike shops and centers in Davis!
- FreeWheeler Bicycle Center: 703 2nd St
- Davis Bike Exchange: 423 L St
- Davis Bike Collective: 1221 1/2 4th Street
- Ken's Bike-Ski-Board: 650 G St
- APEX Cycles & Services: 716 2nd St
- Green Bicycle Depot: 965 Olive Dr G
- T & M Bike Shop: 825 Russell Blvd #29
- Blisworks Bikes: 1340 E Covell Blvd #107
- Sangha Cycling Mobile Bicycle Repair: 1007 H St
- ASUCD Bike Barn: TB 24, 1 Shields Ave