(530) 758-0204 FAX
(530) 757-5666 TDD
23 Russell Boulevard
Davis, CA 95616
- Office Hours
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Gymnastics Program Updates
We are excited to announce the temporary City of Davis Gymnastics location has been approved! As you know, back in February, structural issues were identified at the City’s Civic Gym. Unfortunately we had to cancel all classes and parties due to safety concerns. However, on August 13, the City Council approved the lease for our temporary gym location! We are making some improvements to the space and moving our equipment over. We have updated our programming as the new facility has a different configuration to best utilize the space. We plan to offer toddler parent participation, preschool and some beginning youth gymnastics classes and of course hosting parties!
We are working on our class schedule and should have the information posted online very soon. We anticipate opening for classes mid-October. This facility is expected to be our temporary location through Fall 2020. We will send another email when our class offerings are posted online. We look forward to interacting with our gymnastics participants soon!
New temporary location:
City of Davis Gymnastics
2795 Second Street in Davis
Check the Recreation Schedule for a complete listing of classes.
To contact the Gymnastics and Dance Center, please call 530-757-5627.
Gymnastics Program Overview
Download the Gymnastics Center Guide (PDF).
Toddler & Preschool Gymnastics Descriptions
- SMALL & TALL - 10 months to 3 years
- Participants will improve their fine and gross motor skills as they crawl, walk and run up and down mats, through tunnels and find equipment that interests them. A coach will be present for supervision. Adult participation is required.
- MINI MOVERS - 1-2.5 years
- Participants will learn the very beginning of gymnastics basics through incorporating colors, numbers and games while enhancing their fine and gross motor skills. Adult participation is required
- WIGGLE WORMS - 2-3.5 years
- Participants will continue to learn basic gymnastics skills while incorporating games and activities that will improve their fine and gross motor skills and core strength. Adult participation is required.
- TWISTING TOTS - 3-5 years
- Participants will have fun working on progressive gymnastics skills while increasing their strength, balance and coordination through games, activities and various gymnastics equipment. This is the first gymnastics class where the child participates without a parent.
- KINDER KIDDOS - 3.5-5 years
- This is the second class in our preschool series without parent involvement. Children will continue to learn gymnastics skills in a safe and fun environment. They will start to learn harder skills and spend more time on the larger equipment. This class requires instructor consent.
- FANTASTIC FLIPPERS - Ages 3-5 years
- Participants will continue to improve their gymnastics skills along with strength, balance and coordination through games, activities and various gymnastics equipment.
Youth & Teen Gymnastics Descriptions
- GIRLS GYMNASTICS
- Our classes offer gymnastics instruction in a safe and fun environment for girls ages 6-12. The participants warm up, then practice and learn skills on vault, bars, beam, floor and tumble track. All new gymnasts need to start in Girls Beginning Gymnastics. We follow the USA Gymnastics program for teaching. Girls will have an opportunity to learn new skills, make friends and gain increased self-esteem. All participants have a skill card to keep track of their progress in the class. Typically it takes more than one session for a child to complete a level. When your child has completed a level, you will receive her skill card in the mail. Intermediate Gymnastics classes are by instructor consent only.
- BOYS GYMNASTICS
- Our gymnastics classes offer gymnastics instruction, strength and body control in a safe and fun environment for boys ages 6-12. Participants who are looking to improve their all around strength and flexibility through the sport of gymnastics.
Participants will focus on learning gymnastics skills on floor, vault, high bar and rings. Some skills include backward roll to stand, handstand forward roll, 10 push ups and ring support.
- TEEN TUMBLING, STRENGTH & CONDITIONING
- This 60 minute class is great for teens who are interested in improving their tumbling, strength and/or conditioning while being in a fun and upbeat environment. Teens will work on floor skills along with various strength and flexibility activities to meet the needs of each participant. Participants with beginning to advanced skills are welcome. Please bring a water bottle and come ready for a great workout.
Additional Gymnastics Programs
- OPEN GYM - 10 months to 17 years
- Open Gym is an opportunity for Gymnastics participants to make up a missed class. Open Gym is also open to all children ages 10 months to 17 years who want to try out gymnastics for the first time or just come have fun! Children under the age of 4 must be accompanied by an adult on the gym floor. Gymnastics staff will be available for supervision and fun!
- DROP IN GYM PLAYTIME - 10 months to 17 years
- This will give your child the opportunity to have indoor gym time. Whether they want to work on gymnastics skills or jump on the trampoline, it is a great opportunity to have fun! Children under the age of 4 must be accompanied by an adult on the gym floor. Please note this does not serve as a make-up class.
- GYMABILITIES - 6 to 12 years
- This playtime is designed to help children with disABILITIES develop gross motor skills, strength, balance, falling safely, jumping and landing using basic gymnastics skills and equipment. This playtime is designed to stimulate both cognitive and motor development and is scheduled at a time when the gym is calm to help our students with focus and sensory input. This playtime requires active parent or caregiver participation, which will assist our gymnastics staff in teaching your child how to follow gymnastics instruction. Our goal is to help children with disABILITIES learn how to work in and with a group using a gymnastics class as a medium. Registration will be accepted at the door, however, we kindly ask all participants to register in advance.
Party Packages at City of Davis Gymnastics
Parties at City of Davis Gymnastics are a great opportunity to celebrate birthdays, gather parent-child playgroups, sports teams and end of the year parties. Party guests will enjoy games, a giant obstacle course, tumble track, activities and much more!
Reservations will be open soon!
Saturdays: 1:15 - 3:15 p.m. and 3:45 - 5:45 p.m.
Sundays: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm, 12:45- 2:45 pm and 3:15 - 5:15 pm
$195.00 for parties up to 19 children
$225 for parties 20-30 children
$40 Optional snack package (includes a light snack and juice box for every child along with paper products-must be added at the time of initial registration.)
Plus $50 refundable deposit
The party package includes:
- 2 hour facility rental
- Tables and chairs
- Obstacle course and games
- Facilitation by staff members
Parties can be booked up to 6 months in advance. Rental fee and $50 refundable deposit are due at the time of reservation.
The Gymnastic Center offers experiences to be remembered for years to come!