(530) 758-0204 FAX
(530) 757-5666 TDD
23 Russell Boulevard
Davis, CA 95616
- Office Hours
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To create a new account online click here then click on "Login" at the top of the page to request a new login for our online recreation page. If you need assistance creating a new account, call (530) 757-5626 during business hours.
If you have previously set up a user name and password, and your information has not changed, please use them to log in. If you have forgotten your user name or password, please click here to access our online registration page. Click on "Login" at the top of the page to request your username or a new password, or you can call (530) 757-5626 during business hours.
Don't have an account, but want to see what is available?
You may use the GUEST option to browse class information or facility schedules without activating an account.
Your receipt will be automatically e-mailed to the address on file. Please check your receipt to confirm your registration status: ENROLLED or WAIT LIST.
For registration support or for class and facilities inquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I find out about classes?
Use the Online Class Registration System to view class information - if you do not have a user account set up, use the "Guest" option.
Classes are listed in the Recreation Schedule, published three times a year - Summer, Fall, and Winter/Spring. If you would rather have a print copy of the schedule, you can pick one up at the following locations:
- City Hall, 23 Russell Boulevard
- Senior Center, 646 A Street
- Veterans' Memorial Center, 203 East Fourteenth Street
Can I check if a class is available?
To find out if a class is available, use the online class registration system. All current season recreation classes can be found on this page. You can search by class number or class name. The system will be updated with classes from a new season when we begin accepting walk in registration for that season.
If a class is full, we start a waiting list. The registration system indicates how many people are on the waiting list. If you are on a wait list and a space becomes available, or an extra class session is added, you will be contacted via email.
What if I need special help to participate in a class?
We are happy to work with those who have special needs to ensure equal access to our recreation programs. We are proud to offer both inclusive and separate recreational activities to ensure that community members have choices while in search of these goals. You can read more about our Adaptive Recreation programs.
Is there a program to help me pay for classes?
The Fee Subsidy Program grants up to a 50% subsidy of class fees to allow low income families to enjoy our recreation classes and programs. Because the amount of funding and number of subsidy requests varies each class season, we are not able to provide a specific income cut-off for applications. Families with the lowest incomes will be granted subsidies first.
To learn more about the Fee Subsidy Program, or to apply for a fee subsidy, simply visit the Fee Subsidy Program web page.
How do I register for a class?
Register using your computer using online registration. Before using the online registration system, you must first create an account.
To register by mail or walk-in complete the Registration Form and Liability Waiver located in the back of the Recreation Schedule and mail in the form to Parks and Community Services or register in-person during business hours.
Parks and Community Services
Attn: Class Registration
23 Russell Boulevard, Davis, CA 95616
Parks and Community Services
23 Russell Boulevard, Davis, CA 95616
Office hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Once your registration is processed, you will receive a confirmation receipt via email. The receipt will indicate the classes your were registered in and your waiting list status if your desired class was full.
Parks and Community Services implements a number of City Council adopted policies related to registration for classes and programs. For questions about these policies email email@example.com.
It is our goal to provide our customers with high quality recreation programs and activities. If we misrepresent the program in any way, please contact us and share your concerns and suggestions. If you attend the first day of class and find the program was misrepresented, you may submit a Quality Assurance form no later than 24 hours after the first class. Upon receiving the completed form, staff may arrange for one of the following:
- Receive a program or activity transfer, at no additional expense, with any remaining balance credited to the customer's account;
- Receive a full credit of equal value on the customer's account that can be applied to any other activity in the future;
- Refund to customer
We cannot issue refunds to those who do not attend one full class or program. Quality Assurance refunds are not guaranteed and will not be given after the second class meeting. Quality Assurance refunds are not valid for event ticket sales, excursions, one-day specialty programs, sports leagues, swim or fitness passes, daily or seasonal passes or facility rentals.
We are happy to work with those who have special needs to ensure equal access to our recreation programs. We are proud to offer both inclusive and separate recreational activities to ensure that community members have choices while in search of these goals.
Assistance is available to persons with disabilities. Three weeks notice is required to contact you and make appropriate arrangements. Requests less than 3 weeks in advance cannot be guaranteed your needs will be met.
For more information, please visit the Adaptive Recreation page.
Dropping a Class, Refunds & Transfers
If you change your mind about a attending a class, please contact us immediately. Your class fee will be refunded based on the following policy:
- 95% refund if a refund is requested 13 or more business days prior to the start of the class or program.
- 75% refund if a refund is requested 7 to 12 business days prior to the start of the class or program.
- 50% refund if a refund is requested 2 to 6 business days prior to the start of the class or program.
- No refunds will be given less than one full business day prior to the class starting date. (If a class begins on a Monday, the refund request must be received by Thursday).
- Refunds for cash or check registrations will be refunded by the City of Davis via check in 2 to 3 weeks. Refunds for credit card transactions will be credited back to the card used.
- Customers who wish to transfer from one program to another, that has openings, may do so up to 7 business days in advance of the class or program starting without a fee .
- Transfers requested 1–6 business days prior to the class or program starting will be charged 25% of the total cost of the class, including non-resident fees.
- Programs that you wish to transfer into must fall within the same recreation schedule.
- Transfer requests must be for the same participant.
Refunds for cash or check registrations will be refunded by the City of Davis via check in 2 to 3 weeks. Refunds for credit card transactions will be credited back to the card used.
Effective July 1, 2020
- 95% refund if requested more than 10 business days prior to the beginning of the class or program.
- 50% refund if requested 2 to 10 business days prior to the beginning of the class or program.
These policy changes are not applicable to cancellations initiated by the City.
Transfers: Transfers will be made using the following standards:
- Customers who wish to transfer from one class to another may do so up to 11 business days in advance with no charge.
- Transfers requested 1-10 business days in advance will be charged 25% of the cost of the program.
If you must drop a class due to a serious illness or injury, please contact us immediately. Prorated refunds may be given after a program has begun if written medical verification (from your primary physician) is received for injury or illness. A prorated refund will be based on the number of days left in the class upon receipt of your written medical verification in our office. If we receive the written medical verification after the end of the class, no refund will be given.
We are not able to offer refunds for adult sports leagues, swim passes, or other selected programs.
Once an activity/camp is full, a waitlist will begin. If a space becomes available, registration staff will contact individuals on the waiting list. Participants cannot be on a waitlist and enrolled in an activity/camp of the same time during the same season. Any participant enrolled and on a waitlist for activities of the same type, during the same session will be removed from the waitlist without notice. Be sure your email address is up to date, as email is our primary method of contact for waiting list enrollment. If a wait list participant requires ADA accommodations, the City may not be able to provide support if enrolled at short notice.Late Pick Up
A late pick up policy is enforced in all recreation programs. Parents who are late to pick up their children after the program is over will be charged the following amounts:
- 1 - 5 minutes late: no charge
- 6 - 15 minutes late: $5.00
- 16 - 30 minutes late: $15.00
- 31 minutes to 1 hour late: $25.00
- After 1 hour late: $50.00, and the Police Department will be notified, if parents have not already contacted program staff.
It is our goal to provide safe, positive and fun experiences for all participants in our programs. In order to achieve this goal, participants are expected to:
- Be respectful of the feelings and properties of others.
- Not interfere with the learning of other participants.
- Follow instructions and rules as stated by the instructor or leader.
- Not verbally or physically harm another person or property.
- Use appropriate language.
Consequences for misbehavior will reflect the severity of incident. We will use a progression of discipline: Warning; Time Out; Phone call to the parent/guardian; Removal of the child for the day or temporary suspension from program; Dismissal from program. No refund will be given if a participant is dismissed from a program.
Fair Share Policy/Non-Resident Fees
City of Davis residents make a significant contribution to the ongoing financing and operations of Parks and Community Services through annual property and income tax payments and other assessments. The Fair Share policy is intended to apportion to non-residents an equalized fee, so that they contribute to the overall financing of Parks and Community Services on an equitable basis with residents. It is hoped that this policy will give not only equal treatment, but also a better understanding of fees and overall financing to both residents and non-residents.
A non-resident fee will be charged for all youth living outside of the Davis Joint Unified School District boundaries and all adults living outside the Davis city limits. Generally the non-resident fee is 10%, but some activities may have a lower fee based upon the nature of the activity.
We have the right to cancel a class or program due to low enrollment or unexpected problems. You'll be notified as soon as possible and sent a full refund.
Photographs and Video Recording
City staff may photograph or videotape you and/or your children. The City may use these photographs or videotapes to promote City programs and classes. All photos and videotapes will remain the property of the City of Davis.
If you have further questions about registration or program policies, please contact Parks and Community Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 757-5626 (press 2).