(530) 758-0204 FAX
(530) 757-5666 TDD
23 Russell Boulevard
Davis, CA 95616
- Office Hours
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Summer Camp Information
Save the dates! Camp registration dates are scheduled. The City of Davis Summer Rec Guide is scheduled to be available online mid February.
Priority Registration for Outdoor Education Camps (Camp Putah, Horse Camp and Trekkers)
Tuesday, March 3, 2020 at 8:00 a.m.
- Priority registration is for Davis Residents ONLY. Children must reside within the DJUSD boundaries.
- Camp registration is limited to one week, per program, per eligible child. *Wait list enrollment for one week will prevent registration.
- Online and in-person registration ONLY.
- Priority registration closes on Friday, March 6 at 5:00 p.m.
General Registration for Summer Programs
Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 8:00 a.m.
- All youth Summer activities and classes will open.
- General registration is open to both Davis Residents and Non-Residents.
- Any remaining spaces for Outdoor Education programs will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Online and in-person registration will be accepted. Phone registration will begin on Tuesday, March 24 at 8:00 a.m. A current liability waiver must be on file.
What can you do to be ready for online registration?
- Login to the system to make sure your username and password are working. If not, it can be reset for you by calling the Registration office at (530) 757-5626 (option 2).
- Once logged in, verify your household and family member information is up to date. To display each of these, select the My Accounts tab in the upper right.
- It is important that all registrants are listed with correct birth dates and school grades for the 2019-2020 school year as this information determines registration eligibility.
- Any missing or incorrect information will delay your registration, call us to make corrections!
If you are new to our programs, you will need to create a new account.
- When setting up the account, include all immediate family members living in your household.
- It is important that all registrants are listed with correct birth dates and school grades for the 2019-2020 school year as this determines registration eligibility.
- Your account is reviewed and validated by our office staff within 1-2 business days (make sure you complete this at least a week in advance of registration).
- Once you receive an email confirmation of your account, you are ready to register!
PLEASE UPDATE OR CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT BEFORE FEBRUARY 24, 2020.
Summer Camp Handbook
The Summer 2020 Handbook contains information about all of our summer camp programs this year. This will be available in early May.
Camps included are: Arts & Crafts Camp, Band and Strings, Basketball Camp, Camp Putah, Dog Days of Summer, Dance Camp, Dance Camp, Horse Camp, Jr. Lifeguard Camp, Kids in the Kitchen, Kinder Camp, Mad Science Camps, National Academy of Athletics, Play Well Lego Camp, PM Kids Club, Rainbow Summer, Rock Band Camp, Skate Camp, Skyhawks, Summer Quest, Trekkers, Volunteer Camps, and Voyagers.
ePACT Digital Permission Slips
City of Davis Parks and Community Services Department uses a software program called ePACT Network. This is an easy-to-use system that replaces the need for paper emergency and medical forms. With ePACT, you only need to do it once. If something changes, update your ePACT record and rest assured that we receive the update automatically. Each camp is equipped with a tablet that has access to the ePACT forms at a moment’s notice. You need to receive an initial email invitation or confirmation from the City of Davis. Once you complete the information we will receive it! To make changes to your records login at: www.epactnetwrork.com
Families that have previously used the software will need to reconfirm their account information in order for participants to attend camp. New families will receive an invite to create their account in early May. Families are required to update or complete their account in ADVANCE of camps starting to avoid any delay in their participants from checking in at camp. No paper versions will be accepted.
How to ADD/CHANGE your child's pick up list:
- Login to your account.
- Click the "My ePACT" in the top blue header.
- Click on your child's name. A box should open, click on "City of Davis" under your child's Organizations.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the "Emergency Contacts" then click on the "Edit" button.
- Scroll between the Emergency Contact and Pick-up List section to determine where you are going to add or remove a person. Click on the GREEN button to add a new person.
- Enter the first name, last name, select skip email. Enter the primary phone number and select the type of phone (mobile or land). Click Save.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save again, This will take you back to the main page for your child. You should now see the added person in the pick up section. Once you see this, the camp should have the updated information as well!
Established in 1971, Camp Putah is still going strong! This unique outdoor camp consists of traditional activities such as archery, canoeing, hiking, biking, tie-dye, crafts, and nature education portion. In addition, all campers will rock climb at Rocknasium, swim at Arroyo Pool, participate in campfire activities and camp out on Thursday night! Parents are invited to camp on Thursday evening to watch skits and songs performed by their camper.
Campers meet with their bike at the south end of Central Park, 3rd and C Streets (under the Farmers Market awnings). The camp site is located behind the UCD Airport at Hopkins and Levee Roads. Each participant is required to wear a camp shirt on Thursday, which is also good for tie-dying. Campers are grouped by age. Camp shirts cost $15 and can be purchased at the Parks and Community Services office or at camp check in. For those signed up for PM Kids Club at Community Park, Camp Putah staff will supervise campers until PM Kids Club opens at 3:00 p.m.. Bikes are required for this camp.
Ages 7-12 years
Camp meets and ends at Central Park
Camp Putah Volunteer Program
Volunteers learn leadership and teamwork skills, counselor skills, and the day to day procedures of Camp Putah. Volunteers will receive camp-specific training and get a learn-by-doing experience. Each volunteer will work two consecutive weeks and must be available during camp hours (M-W 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m., Thursday 8:00 a.m.-Friday 12:00 p.m.).
Potential volunteers must complete a Camp Putah Volunteer Application. Applicants will be contacted about signing up for an interview time to be held in mid-April. The program fee is payable once the volunteer has been accepted into the program. Applications and interview sign-ups are due Wednesday, April 1 by 5:00 p.m. Must be 14-17 years old (9th-11th grades). Please note: Hard copies of the Summer 2020 Rec Guide show the ages as 13-15. This is incorrect.
Dog Days of Summer
This camp introduces campers to dog training techniques through popular dog sports like agility, rally obedience and nose work. Campers will build a stronger relationship with their dog while learning about the language of dogs. The emphasis is always on safety and responsibility to the dogs and to the fellow campers. Campers must be capable of independently controlling and caring for their dog. Campers must bring a non-aggressive dog and high value treats each day of camp. Repeating campers are always welcome and may want to check with Lisa Voss to see if she has openings for camp volunteers. There is a $20 materials fee, payable to the instructor on the first class meeting, which includes a bait bag, clicker and a dog toy at the end of the session.
11 to 17 years
Returning Playground Volunteer Program
This program is open to youth that have previously completed a Rec Leader in Training session. Volunteers are a great asset to the camp and are provided a wonderful learning opportunity. Volunteers assist staff members through the week and participate in all the camp activities.
Volunteers will work at a camp location for two consecutive weeks. Generally the volunteer shifts are 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.. Monday-Friday, but may vary depending on the specific camp location assigned to. Volunteers will attend a mandatory training during the week of May 26 where they will receive additional training.
Those interested must complete a Returning Volunteer Application. Volunteers will be contacted after to attend a group interview. The program fee is payable once the volunteer has been officially accepted into the program. The deadline to submit an application is Wednesday, April 1.
Spring Break Safari
This week long (April 6-10, 2020), full day camp offers planned activities such as arts and crafts, cooking projects, games, scavenger hunt and and a trip to Sky High for some trampoline fun! Camp runs from 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. at the Redwood Park Building and is open to youth 6-12 years old. No bike is required for this camp. Sign up soon as spaces are limited! Check out the calendar for details of planned activities. Check out the weekly calendar for a sample of the schedule! (please note, it may be subject to change).
Horse Camp-New Vendor 2020
New this summer, the City has partnered with a new horse barn, Pine Trails Ranch, to offer a more in-depth horse camp experience! There will be both a Beginner Horse Riding camp as well as an Advanced Beginner Horse Riding camp.The program hours are 8:00 a.m- 3:00 p.m. and includes classroom curriculum, horse instruction in both covered and uncovered arenas, horse care and more! Transportation is not provided for this camp. For more information about shoe requirements, etc., please visit the Pine Trails Ranch website. For more information dates and price, please look at the Summer 2020 Rec Guide.
Ages 7-14 years
Camp is located at 35270 Co. Rd 31, Davis.
Rainbow Summer is your classic summer day camp! The camp has two locations: Slide Hill Park in East Davis and Community Park in Central Davis. Both sites run from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and offer games, crafts, swimming, trip to the local movie theater or UCD MU Bowling Alley. PM Kids is open from 3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. in the Community Pool Building and camp staff transport kids to this site. Check out the calendars with planned activities below!
The Slide Hill location will offer swim lessons for an additional fee during most weeks of summer. Check out the options here.Slide Hill Park-ages 6-12 years
Shade Arbor (Community Park)-ages 6-9 years
Rock Band Camp
Do you play an instrument and want to be in a real rock band? Come and jam with other young musicians! Spend a week learning how to play songs and perform them together. At the end of the week your band will play a concert in Downtown Davis. All participants must bring their own instruments, excluding drummers and pianists. All skill levels are
welcome to apply. Payment and registration due upon acceptance. This class is application based. All participants must submit an application and will be placed in camp based on availability and instrumentation. The application deadline is Friday, May 1 at 5:00 p.m. For ages 10 to 17 years, Click here for the Rock Band University Application.
Campers are invited to join some of the best skateboard instructors in the area for a summer of skateboarding fun. Campers receive developmental instruction from beginning to intermediate on skateboarding basics. Age-appropriate and skill-appropriate instruction will be provided on techniques, as well as safety! Skaters must bring their skateboards and wear safety gear, including helmet, elbow and knee pads.
6 to 12 years
Skate Park at Community Park
Get that teen off the couch and moving this summer! This camp, designed for youth entering 7-10th grades, will explore Davis, hang out with their friends and go on awesome field trips! Each week includes swimming, biking, games, a Rocknasium visit, and a field trip. The camp runs from 9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday. Some field trips on Wednesday may arrive later.
Trekkers takes campers out of Davis and into State and National Park Campgrounds. For five days and four nights, campers explore some of California’s most diverse environments and outdoor settings! Campers have the opportunity to hike, swim, and participate in team building games.
There is a mandatory pre-trip meeting for campers and a parent/guardian to attend the Monday, the week before the trip.
For the purposes of our refund/transfer policy, the first date of this program is considered the pre-trip meeting. The parent handbook will have details regarding the exact dates, times and locations of the pre-trip meetings.
Voyagers is back with all new activities that excite any 5-7th grader! The bike based camp, explores Davis and experiences new activities and game, meets new people of interest relating to the weekly theme and also swims and participates in special Friday events! The camp meets at the "hill" in Community park and bikes are required. Camp hours are 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.