Chiles Ranch provides New Urban Development, LLC the opportunity to develop an integrated housing development with a broad diversity of housing types and levels of affordability. A diversity of architectural styles avoids the “tract housing” appearance so commonly seen in developments today. The architecture is centered around a strong sense of place based on the common open spaces and front porches.
Chiles Ranch primarily consists of single-family homes on lots ranging from 2,000 square feet to 5,000 square feet. These homes will be of various product types ranging from alley-loaded homes with detached garages to small pods of 6 to 8 homes surrounding a courtyard. To serve the middle-income buyer, there will be a small number of homes with tandem garages. The driveways and garages of these homes will face the street, and reduce the impact of the garage on the streetscape.
In general, all homes within Chiles Ranch will be designed for workforce buyers, and will have 3 or 4 bedrooms with floor plans that range from 1,400 to 2,200 square feet. Twenty-one (21) of the alley-loaded homes will have additional living space above the detached garage. Of these, up to ten (10) will have the option of a kitchen.
The 22 low/moderate income condominiums (20 of which are clustered in five buildings) are on the west side of the project.
The majority of homes will be two-stories and not exceed 30’ in height. In order to mitigate sight-line issues, and height relative to existing adjacent homes, there are two lots restricted to a single story and 13 lots that have a 1-1/2 story limitation. The 1-1/2 story utilizes attic space in order to create a small amount of two-level living area within a single story envelope. 77 of the total units will be detached homes, while the balance (30) will be attached units.
Chiles Ranch Fencing Detail
- Recommended Findings and Conditions of Approval
- Chiles Ranch General Plan Amendment
- Chiles Ranch Planned Development District
- Draft Agreement between the City of Davis and the developer New Urban Development
- Developer Comments
- Notice of Public Hearing and Notice of Availability / June 16, 2009 City Council Meeting
- Notice of Public Hearing and Notice of Availability / May 27, 2009 Planning Commission Meeting
- Chiles Ranch Subdivision Proposal
- Chiles Ranch Project Description
- Chiles Ranch Project Location and Vicinity
- Chiles Ranch Project Location Aerial
- Chiles Ranch Exiting and Proposed General Plan Land Use
- Chiles Ranch Existing and Proposed Zoning
- Chiles Ranch Final Planned Development Map
- Chiles Ranch Site Plan Layout
- Chiles Ranch Proposed Final Planned Development Standards
- Chiles Ranch Conceptual Landscape Plan
- Chiles Ranch Typical Building Views