The City of Davis has cancelled the annual City Fourth of July festivities for 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. While shelter in place guidelines are likely to be lifted by the Fourth of July, we expect that there will be continuing restrictions on large events and crowds through the summer season. Therefore, we have made the decision to cancel the event.
For more information on the event cancellation, please read the Fourth of July Cancellation Press Release.
The City of Davis is once again coordinating the Fourth of July Celebration at Community Park and would like to invite all interested groups to sponsor concessions or activities at the event. Sponsoring concessions or activities at the Fourth of July can be a means of spreading the word about your business or organization to the community.
If you are interested in sponsoring concessions or activities at the Fourth of July Celebration, please fill out the appropriate application below:
- 2019 Fourth of July Vendor Application - For Profit
- 2019 Fourth of July Vendor Application - Non-Profit
All potential vendors should be sure to review the Vendor Rules below.
Non-profit groups who do not sell food or items do not need to pay the booth fee. Please just return the application without payment.
Applications should be mailed to:
Community Services - 4th of July Application
Attn: Maria Lucchesi
646 A Street
Davis, CA 95616
Vendor applications will be accepted through May 31, 2019.
Below is a list of Fourth of July policies. Your vendor approval letter will specify if your concession or activity has been approved.
There are a number of policies implemented that we are highlighting again this year:
- All non-profit groups selling food and/or merchandise will be charged a $67 fee. Vendors may not sell products for profit, but will be allowed to hand out information about their products or services. Vendors who will “only be handing out information” will not be charged for their booth space. Vendors offering an activity for profit will be charged a $205 fee.
- In accordance with City Resolution 07-177, vendors may not sell bottled water.
- All food vendors are responsible for compliance with the Yolo County Environmental Health Services' Temporary Food Facility Requirements for food safety and food preparation.
- We plan to once again reduce the amount of trash to this event. Please review the Fourth of July Waste Reduction/Recycling information sheet.
A mandatory meeting will be scheduled for all vendors. Someone from your organization that will be at the Fourth of July event must attend this meeting. You will be notified of the date and location of the meeting when you receive your vendor approval letter.
If you have questions regarding being a vendor for this event, please contact Maria Lucchesi at 530-757-5696 or firstname.lastname@example.org.