City of Davis Measure “Q”
Shall the Ordinance extending the existing one percent sales tax with no increase to the current rate, providing approximately $8,600,000 annually until repealed by the voters, subject to annual review, with all funds staying local, and continuing existing funding for city services such as police, fire, recreation programs, city roads, sidewalks, bike path maintenance, and other city services, be adopted?
Filing Arguments and Rebuttals
- Last day to submit Arguments in Favor or Against – December 6, 2019
- Last day to submit Rebuttals – December 16, 2019
Argument and Rebuttal Guidelines:
Forms (fillable PDF):
- Signature Statement Form
- Argument in Favor Form
- Argument Against Form
- Rebuttal to Argument in Favor Form
- Rebuttal to Argument Against Form
- Authorization for Alternate Author of Rebuttal
Argument and Rebuttal Submittal Requirements:
- Hardcopy submitted must include original signatures.
- Electronic copy submitted with printed names. May submit on a thumb drive or email to email@example.com (If there are discrepancies between the hardcopy and electronic versions, the hardcopy with original signatures will be chosen as the default).
- Hardcopy Signature Statement completed by each signer, must include original signatures. May submit all signatures on a single form or multiple forms in counterpart.
- Additional Rebuttal Requirement:Hardcopy Authorization for Alternate Author of Rebuttal submitted (if anyone other than the original Argument authors are writing the Rebuttal). Must be signed by the person filing the Rebuttal.
Campaign Disclosure Filings
For information on campaign disclosure requirements please visit the Financial Disclosures page. For information on campaign committees and to view completed campaign statement filings please visit the eCampaign public access portal.
Notice of Election for the March 3, 2020 Special Municipal Election and establishing deadlines for written arguments for or against the City measure.
Resolution No. 19-137, Series 2019 - Resolution of the City Council of the City of Davis Declaring a Fiscal Emergency; Calling and Providing for an Election to Be Held in the City of Davis on Tuesday, March 3, 2020; Approving an Ordinance Extending the Existing Transactions and Use Tax Administered by the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration and Ordering the Submittal of Said Ordinance to the Voters at Said Election.
Resolution No. 19-138, Series 2019 - Resolution of the City Council of the City of Davis Requesting the Board of Supervisors of the County of Yolo to Consent to the Consolidation of the City of Davis’s Special Municipal Election on March 3, 2020 with the Consolidated Statewide Election to Be Conducted on the Same Date, and Direct the Assessor/Clerk-Recorder/Elections Office to Administer, Manage and Oversee the Said Special Municipal Election and Canvass the Results Thereof.