- Ordinance 2566 - Establishing District Elections (PDF)
- Ordinance 2564 - General Municipal Election Date Change from March to November (PDF)
Public Hearing Notices
On Tuesday, October 8, 2019, the Council will hold the third of a series of four public hearings to receive comments regarding proposed maps identifying potential election district boundaries for City Council by-district elections, the sequencing of elections, and other matters related to the election of members of the City Council.
On Tuesday, October 22, 2019,the Council will hold the fourth of a series of four public hearings to receive public comments and input regarding final maps identifying potential election district boundaries and sequencing of elections.
On Tuesday, September 3, 2019, the Council will hold the first of a series of four public hearings to receive public comments regarding the transition of the City from at-large elections for members of the City Council to by-district elections, the time frame for the transition, the criteria and factors that should go into the drawing of maps of voting districts, the composition of the districts, and other matters related to the election of members of the City Council.
On Tuesday, September 10, 2019, the Council will hold the second of a series of four public hearings to receive public comments and input regarding the potential council election district boundaries. Following the second public hearing, draft maps of potential Council election district boundaries will be published and additional public hearings scheduled.
October 16, 2019
City Releases Second Round of District Election Maps (PDF)
October 1, 2019
City of Davis Preliminary District Election Maps Released (PDF)
August 30, 2019
District Elections and "Communities of Interest" (PDF)
August 29, 2019
City Begins Outreach and Seeks Input on City Council Districts (PDF)
Letters from Plaintiff's Attorney
City Attorney Memos
Forms & Worksheets
Community of Interest Worksheet
California Elections Code
- California Voting Rights Act of 2001 (Elections Code Sections 14025-14032)
- District Boundaries (Elections Code Section 10010)
- General Law Cities - Reapportionment (Elections Code Sections 21600-21607)
- Established Election Dates (Elections Code Section 1301)
- Consolidated Elections - Change in Term Length (Elections Code Section 10403.5)