Request for Qualifications - Aquatic Facilities Renovation Economic Analysis
- Department:City Manager's Office, Parks and Community Services
- Category:Request For Proposal, Request For Qualification, Notice Inviting Bids
- Start Date:September 21, 2018 9:00 am
- Close Date:October 11, 2018 5:00 pm
The City of Davis is soliciting Statements of Qualifications from proposers to analyze the economic viability of various public-private partnership models with the goal of informing if and how the City should proceed with the potential renovation of either its aquatic facility at Community Park or at Arroyo Park.
The purpose of this analysis is to assist the City in making a fiscally prudent decision on if and how to renovate either its Community Pool Complex or its Arroyo Pool Complex. Even though the City has already commissioned several studies on the potential renovation, the City needs more information about the anticipated construction as well as operation and maintenance costs. Given that the City is unable to assume full financial responsibility should the renovation occur, the City is seeking information about the economic viability of various public-private partnerships as well as information about how such partnerships could become a functioning business.
Specifically, the City is seeking a consultant or a team of consultants to:
- Expand upon the analysis, findings, and recommendations of previous studies examining the potential renovation of either Complex to better serve community need
- Conduct community outreach to identify public-private partnership models to share in the construction as well as long-term operation and maintenance costs
- Conduct a comparative analysis to assess the various partnership models and identify the most economically viable option
- Develop a business plan based upon the most economically viable option
- Forecast potential positive economic impacts and multiplier effects generated by the renovated facility
Following this Request for Qualifications, the City will invite qualified proposers to participate in a Request for Proposals.
Qualification submittals are due by Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Download the complete Request for Qualifications document (PDF).