(530) 758-0204 FAX
(530) 757-5666 TDD
23 Russell Boulevard
Davis, CA 95616
- Office Hours
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
City of Davis Press Release on Yolo County Shelter in Place Order
The Yolo County Public Health Officer issued a countywide health order for residents to shelter in place from March 19, 2020, to April 7, 2020, unless extended by the Public Health Officer.
The order applies to the City of Davis and becomes effective at 12:01 a.m. on March 19, 2020.
The order limits activity, travel and business functions to only the most essential needs and is intended to slow the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), protect those most vulnerable to the disease, and preserve local healthcare capacity.
- Get food/groceries
- Go to medical appointments
- Seek shelter
- Go to an essential business or perform an essential activity (see below)
- Engage in outdoor activity such as walking, running, biking, and hiking.
- Attend to family members and their health needs or care
- Do anything to maintain the safety, sanitation and essential operation of a residence
The order defines essential activities as those necessary for the health and safety of individuals and their families. The order does not apply to the following essential workers/businesses:
- Healthcare workers
- Infrastructure workers (construction, public works, housing)
- First responders/essential government workers
- Essential businesses and workers that provide:
- Social services;
- Food retailers (including convenience stores);
- Restaurants and other facilities that prepare and serve food, but only for delivery or carry out;
- Businesses that supply other essential businesses with support or equipment necessary to operate, or that that ship/deliver groceries, food, goods or services directly to residents;
- Child care facilities;
- Gas stations;
- Laundry businesses;
- Any form of agricultural production and processing.
For the full list, see Section 10 of the order at: https://www.yolocounty.org/Home/ShowDocument?id=62364.
“We are hoping that people will voluntarily comply with the order,” said Davis Police Chief Darren Pytel. “The order does carry the weight of law, but the goal really is to educate our community about how important it is to take these measures seriously,” he added.
Please refer to the City website for news and updates at: https://www.cityofdavis.org/coronavirus
Yolo County is the lead agency for the COVID-19 response, for more information on the County response, please visit https://www.yolocounty.org/coronavirus for general information on the COVID-19 situation, and https://www.yolocounty.org/shelter-in-place for information on the Shelter in Place Order.