City Recruits for Advisory Commissions
The City of Davis is accepting applications from residents, 18 years of age and older, interested in serving on one of the following commissions:
- Open Space and Habitat
- Senior Citizen
By serving on a City commission, you are helping plan the future of Davis. Commissions serve as a conduit for citizen input – a way of gathering, analyzing and recommending options to the City Council. Commissions also provide an important avenue for determining the community’s feelings about issues and extending the reach of the democratic process.
Applications may be picked up at the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall, 23 Russell Boulevard during regular business hours, or downloaded at http://cityofdavis.org/city-hall/commissions-and-committees/apply-to-serve-on-a-city-commission.
Please be aware that all applications and accompanying documents are considered public information and may be disclosed/released pursuant to the California Public Records Act.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 16, 2020
Applications may be submitted in person or via mail to the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall, 23 Russell Boulevard, Suite 1, Davis, CA 95616; or via e-mail to ClerkWeb@cityofdavis.org.
In addition to the application form, commission applicants will participate in a 10-15 minute private interview with the Council subcommittee and city staff. Applications are tentatively scheduled to be submitted to the City Council for appointment in April 2020.
- Advises on matters relating to open space issues, programs, projects, including: natural areas; wildlife and wildlife habitat; agricultural land conservation; land acquisition; regional parks; trial systems; project site design, operations and maintenance.
- Monitors implementation of the City's open space objectives and identifies problems and solutions related thereto. Works cooperatively with other City commissions and community groups on issues of mutual interest.
- Meets: 1st Monday (monthly), 6:30pm, 23 Russell Blvd.
- Advises on matters relating to policies and programs that serve senior citizens.
- Identifies needs of the aging in the community.
- Explores improved and new services in private and public sectors.
- Meets: 2nd Thursday (monthly), 2:30pm, 23 Russell Blvd.
For more information, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 530-757-5648 or visit http://cityofdavis.org/city-hall/commissions-and-committees/