Davis Police Advisory on Armed Robberies
During the last few weeks there have been 5 armed robberies reported in Davis. In all 5 cases the suspect(s) have approached the victim on a street or sidewalk and threatened the victim with a handgun before taking property. Property taken has included personal electronics (phones and computers) along with wallets. The robberies occurred on/at the following dates/locations:
1. September 19th/ Mace Blvd at the I-80 Overpass (South Davis)
2. September 20th/ Russell Blvd in close proximity to State Highway 113 (West Davis)
3. September 27th/ Area of 880 Alvarado (North Davis)
4. October 5th/ Area of Villanova Drive and Sycamore Lane (North Davis)
5. October 8th/Area of Reed Drive and Rutgers Drive (Central Davis)
Officers did locate and pursue the robbers following the October 5th incident. Although they escaped capture after a short pursuit, the ve hicle, gun and items used in the robbery were recovered. At least one of the suspects has been identified and detectives are currently looking for him.
Davis Police are actively investigating these cases and trying to determine whether they are related. Suspect descriptions have so far been limited and are only vaguely similar.
As always, we strongly recommend that community members remain vigilant. In each of the crimes the victims were walking alone and most of them occurred in the evening hours. In order to avoid becoming a victim, and reduce the potential for harm, we encourage the following:
1. Avoid walking alone late in the evening hours.
2. If you must walk alone, avoid dark unpopulated areas.
3. Avoid using or being distracted by your cell phone while in public.
4. Cooperate if you are confronted by an armed or potentially armed person; property can always be replac ed.
5. Report suspicious persons and/or behavior.
6. Activate tracking software on phones and electronic devices.
Anyone with information about these robberies is urged to contact the Davis Police Department at (530)747-5400.