Be Prepared for possible PG&E Public Safety Power Shutoffs
Update your contact information with PG&E
Be Prepared for possible PG&E Public Safety Power Shutoffs - Update your contact information.
PG&E will use this information to alert customers through automated calls, texts, and emails, when possible, prior to, and during, a Public Safety Power Shutoff.
Update your information online at https://m.pge.com/?WT.pgeac=Wildfire_ContactInfo-UpdateContact#login
or by calling 1-866-743-6589 during normal business hours.
As part of these preparedness efforts, PG&E is asking customers to:
- Plan for medical needs like medications that require refrigeration or devices that need power.
- Identify backup charging methods for phones and keep hard copies of emergency numbers.
- Know how to manually open your garage door.
- Build or restock your emergency kit with flashlights, fresh batteries, first aid supplies, and cash.
- Keep in mind family members who are elderly, younger children, and pets.
Information and tips including a safety plan checklist are available at https://www.pge.com/en_US/safety/emergency-preparedness/natural-disaster/wildfires/wildfire-safety.page?WT.mc_id=Vanity_wildfiresafety