Yard Material Pile Collection Day
- Date: October 21, 2019 (all day)
October 21 is a scheduled yard material collection day. Please be sure to have your piles out on the street no later than 6 AM for collection.
Yard Material Collection Rules:
- The organics cart must be full before using the on-street yard material piles
- Yard material piles may not be set out more than 7 days before a scheduled pick-up day.
- Grass clippings, vines and weeds are not allowed in yard material piles.
- Place yard materials directly in front of the property it came from, not across the street or around the corner—this is illegal dumping and the pile will not be picked up!
- Place yard material piles 18” from the curb or gutter.
- Yard material piles may not be larger than 5 feet in any direction.
- Do not block fire hydrants, driveways or stormdrain inlets with yard material piles.
- Be aware that yard material piles can create serious hazards for cyclists; Yard material piles may not be placed in any portion of a bike lane.
- Yard material piles will not be permitted on streets where they will be placed in the bike lane.
- Do not park or drive over yard materials.
- Do not place bagged yard materials in piles—leave yard materials loose in piles on the street.
- Do not leave trash in yard material piles.
In some areas of town, yard material piles are not allowed as they will obstruct the bike lane or traffic lane. These areas include, but are not limited to: E 8th St. (from B St. to J St.), 5th St. (from A St. to L St.), B St. (from 7th St. to E 14th St.), Downtown Davis, and The Cannery. Properties in these areas that do not have access to on-street yard material pile collection do not pay for the service (they receive a credit on their utility bill).
More information on Yard Material Collection Service.