Fix a Leak Week (March 20 - 26)
Fix a Leak Week is March 20 - March 26. Household leaks can waste more than 1 trillion gallons of water annually nationwide, so each year the EPA encourages water users to hunt down drips and leaks during Fix a Leak Week. Find information on how to locate and repair leaks at the EPA's WaterSense website.
"Life After Lawn"
The City of Davis and UC Davis Arboretum & Public Garden are continuing to highlight examples online of local homeowners, like the one below, who have made the switch from turf to alternative landscapes.
*Photo courtesy of the UC Davis Arboretum & Public Garden
Save Davis Water Online Game
Join Professor Davis Green to save water in the City of Davis through a leak detection and interactive memory game! Learn about water in Davis and how to conserve it. When you complete the game, don't forget to print your Water Conservation Whiz certificate and water savings checklist. Complete the checklist with your family to help Save Davis Water.
City of Davis Water Conservation Tracker
Water Conservation Information
- City of Davis Mandatory Water Restrictions
- City Water Conservation Efforts
- Caring for Trees During the Drought
- UC Davis Arboretum All-Stars: Low-Water Use Plants
- Track Your Water Usage Online: Activate Your Free Account!
What days and times can I water?
- Outdoor watering is restricted to three days a week:
- Odd numbered addresses: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Even numbered addresses: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- No outdoor watering on Monday
- No watering outdoors between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m., except with a hand-held container or hose with a shut-off nozzle, or for very short periods when adjusting a sprinkler system
- No watering during periods of rain and for 48 hours after measureable rainfall
- No excessive water flow or runoff onto pavement, gutters or ditches from watering or irrigating landscapes or vegetation of any kind
Properly operating drip irrigation systems and soaker hoses are exempt from watering days and times.
Report Water Waste
You can report water leaks and water waste violations online, or you can e-mail WaterSmart@CityofDavis.org or call (530) 757-5620. Reports may be kept anonymous however the City will need the full address of the violation location in order to make contact.
Activate Your Free WaterInsight Account
The City of Davis has teamed up with WaterInsight to give customers access to their water use. Through this program, users can quickly see how water is being used in their household and receive customized water savings recommendations. Activate your free account!
Weather (Rainfall) Information
*Weather (Rainfall) Information is provided for informational purposes only.